What can be a more comforting sight to a parent than to see a toddler sit quietly and enjoy a movie or a show on an immensely long car journey or while flying on an airplane? Keeping children engaged on the now ubiquitous androids and phones is possible only when you have their favorite shows downloaded on these devices or if you get them the best gaming chair 2017 to place them in front of the computer.
If you had been downloading content from Amazon prime till now, you can download all your favorite shows and movies from Netflix now onwards. Yes, till recently Netflix didn’t have this feature but thankfully the Company seems to have realized their folly and have recently announced that all its members can download shows and movies from its site for offline viewing.
This news brought cheer to the millions of Netflix fans world over but right now this feature is available for only select shows and movies.
Why is Downloading useful?
Right now almost everywhere you have access to unlimited internet but still you need to download a movie or a show. Well, here are three reasons why you should opt for this feature:
- You can watch your favorite shows when travelling on the plane or a long drive.
- It is extremely useful in places where the internet connection is slow or intermittent or the usage very expensive.
- Some movies and episodes definitely deserve multiple viewing and the best way to do it is to download the show and watch at your convenience wherever and whenever.
Steps before downloading the movies
- The main criterion is obviously to have the Netflix app on your phone or tablet or PC. If you don’t have it already you can download the app from Google Store on Android and App store on iPad and iPhone.
- Make sure your device is running on iOS 8 or android 4.4.2 version.
- Update the Netflix app for the latest feature to show up.
How to download movies
You can download videos in both standard quality and high resolution which incidentally will take up more space on your hard disk and will also take longer to download. Next set your device to download on “Wi-Fi” only.
Steps to be followed:
- Sign into your account and go to the “available for download” heading.
- Choose the show or movie of your choice. If the download option is available for this particular show a pop up will appear to inform you the same.
- Select the show and click on the download icon next to the episode of choice.
- You can monitor the download process via a progress bar at the bottom of the page. A notification will inform you once download is done.
- Go to menu and click on “My downloads” to access the downloaded content.
- You can delete the download too once done seeing on the “My downloads” page. In iOS a red Xs will appear next to the item while in android you just need to check the boxes and delete.
- For higher quality videos go to the menu and app settings. Here under the download heading you can choose the video quality.
Storage of downloaded content
The storage on tablets and phones is often small and you won’t be able to store too many movies. But Netflix supports the transfer the downloaded stuff to a SD card thereby saving space on your phone or tablet.
So, go ahead and enjoy all your favorite shows on Netflix on a remote island far from the madding crowd.
Located in Silicon Valley, CrestaTech is the creator of Smart Tuner™ ICs that have successfully eliminated the need for CAN tuners and reduced the cost of developing thin flat panel TVs. Deployed in millions of the world’s leading brand-name products, CrestaTech Smart Tuner™ ICs feature a patented precision RF analog front-end and digital signal processing architecture that provides consistent, interference-free global broadcast signals. All the products are completely
CrestaTech has a rich portfolio of SmartTV patents and IP, making us the trusted resource in smart technologies. Our patents allow for programmable power modes that balance optimum performance with optimum battery life. Patents include:
As new wireless standards emerge, CrestaTech is taking its strong Smart Tuner ™ patent portfolio and highly specialized engineering expertise to recreate the living room-style HDTV experience on any mobile device.